Vacancy: Digital ASIC engineer
Leuven, Belgium – Research & development
General information about Pulsify Medical
Would you like to become part of a start-up that is pushing the envelope in medical device technology? Do you want to apply your know-how on working on a cutting-edge ultra-sound system, which combines advanced chip solutions and algorithms to enable a large area, wearable and flexible ultrasound patch? Would you like to become one of the first experts to join our team, with all the exciting opportunities and growth potential this brings? Look no further and apply with us today!
Pulsify Medical is a young start-up and a spin-off of imec and university Leuven, two leading institutes in Leuven focused on advanced semi-conductor technologies and cutting-edge medical imaging applications. Pulsify medical is backed by Venture Capitalists, with the aim to develop a totally novel ultra-sound medical device to monitor patients in hospitals and at home.
Pulsify Medical is located in Leuven, a dynamic and vibrant city at the heart Belgium, close to Brussels. Its historical center is flanked by a landmark building in late gothic style. Leuven is home to a very diverse and lively international community, due to its outstanding top ranked university, KU Leuven. It has a strong presence of high-tech companies & start-ups and hosts imec, one of the world’s leading independent research organization in semiconductor technology. People in Leuven are easy going and converse fluently in English, be it on the workplace, in daily encounters or in stores.
Why chose us? We offer:
- An attractive and competitive salary according to local standards
- Excellent growth opportunities and a key role in the venture. You can make a real difference, working in a small and highly motivated, international team
- Work on the bleeding edge of technology
1.1 What you will do
As the digital ASIC engineer you will have a key role in the venture, helping us to design and develop the system for our novel ultra-sound solution. In your role you will help us to define and realize the digital parts of the signal processing chain and interface this to the ultrasound sensors. You will define the architecture, design and simulate digital parts of the mixed signal circuits. You will help define the specifications for the system and implement the control & signal processing algorithms. You will build system models to predict the performance of the digital elements. You will have a strong interaction with the teams working on other aspects of the system, and with our partners developing the custom chips.
1.2 You are responsible for:
- Architecture, design and implementation of the digital elements of the mixed signal circuits
- Develop, design and characterize test boards/circuits for evaluating the developed system
- FPGA programming and implementation of signal processing algorithms
1.3 Who you are
The ideal candidate should have experience in designing digital circuits and algorithms for low power mixed signal systems and circuits for sensors with high sampling frequencies.
- You have obtained a Ms.Sc. or PhD. degree with 5+ years of experience.
- Know-how of designing digital and mixed signal circuits and systems; defining specifications and architecture, design, and implementation.
- Knowledge of system modelling and languages such as systemC, matlab and Simulink is required
- Your experience with model based system engineering, and languages such as SYSML is a bonus
- Experienced in designing low power mixed signal circuits for sensors with a high sampling frequency. Your experience in ultrasound is a bonus.
- You are familiar with the development of software and drivers for embedded systems.
- You are familiar with ASIC development, implementation of digital circuits and algorithms. Experience with FPGA programming (verilog/vhdl) is a bonus.
- You are familiar with signal processing algorithms and their implementation.
- Your familiarity with circuit layout in spice/cadence is a bonus.
- You like taking initiative, you are persuasive and assertive, while keeping a constructive attitude and you are committed to achieve results fast but in a reliable way.
- Given the international context, a fluent knowledge of English is necessary.