Vacancy: Software system engineer
Leuven, Belgium – Research & development
General information about Pulsify Medical
Would you like to become part of a start-up that is pushing the envelope in medical device technology? Do you want to apply your know-how on working on a cutting-edge ultra-sound system, which combines advanced chip solutions and algorithms to enable a large area, wearable and flexible ultrasound patch? Would you like to become one of the first experts to join our team, with all the exciting opportunities and growth potential this brings? Look no further and apply with us today!
Pulsify Medical is a young start-up and a spin-off of imec and university Leuven, two leading institutes in Leuven focused on advanced semi-conductor technologies and cutting-edge medical imaging applications. Pulsify medical is backed by Venture Capitalists, with the aim to develop a totally novel ultra-sound medical device to monitor patients in hospitals and at home.
Pulsify Medical is located in Leuven, a dynamic and vibrant city at the heart Belgium, close to Brussels. Its historical center is flanked by a landmark building in late gothic style. Leuven is home to a very diverse and lively international community, due to its outstanding top ranked university, KU Leuven. It has a strong presence of high-tech companies & start-ups and hosts imec, one of the world’s leading independent research organization in semiconductor technology. People in Leuven are easy going and converse fluently in English, be it on the workplace, in daily encounters or in stores.
Why chose us? We offer:
- An attractive and competitive salary according to local standards
- Excellent growth opportunities and a key role in the venture. You can make a real difference, working in a small and highly motivated, international team
- Work on the bleeding edge of technology
1.1 What you will do
As the software system engineer you will have a key role in the venture, helping us to design and develop the system for our novel ultra-sound solution. In your role you will help us to define and bring to life the digital parts of our product, from the interface to the ASICS at the ultrasound sensors, over the digital signal processing blocks and number crunching engines, to the wireless link. You will help implement the digital architecture, map the design in hard and soft processing blocks, simulate digital parts and validate the results. You will help define the specifications for the system and implement the control & signal processing algorithms. You will build system models to predict the performance of the digital elements. You will have a strong interaction with the teams working on other aspects of the system, and with our partners developing the custom chips.
1.2 You are responsible for
- Develop firmware for the embedded system, drivers and application code for the ASIC’s and the external interfaces,
- FPGA&SOC programming and translating the high level models to efficient (area and power) implementations
- Working in line with IEC62304, as you work for medical devices
1.3 Who you are
The ideal candidate should have experience in embedded software, digital signal processing, SOC programming, drivers and application software.
- You have obtained a Ms.Sc. or PhD. degree with 5+ years of experience.
- Know-how of designing digital and mixed signal systems; design, implementation and software-testing.
- You master the development of firmware for embedded systems, drivers and application code for ASIC’s and the external interfaces.
- Experienced in designing for low power in a mixed signal wireless product. Your experience in ultrasound is a bonus.
- You are familiar with the development of drivers for embedded systems.
- Experience with FPGA & SOC programming (verilog/vhdl) is a bonus.
- You are familiar with implementation of digital signal processing algorithms.
- Your familiarity with IOT devices is a bonus.
- Knowledge of system modelling and languages such as SYSML, systemC, matlab and Simulink is a bonus
- You like taking initiative, you are persuasive and assertive, while keeping a constructive attitude and you are committed to achieve results fast but in a reliable way.
- Given the international context, a fluent knowledge of English is necessary.