Vacancy: Lead ultrasound sensor designer
Leuven, Belgium – Research & development
General information about Pulsify Medical
Would you like to become part of a start-up that is pushing the envelope in medical device technology? Do you want to apply your know-how on working on a cutting-edge ultra-sound system, which combines advanced chip solutions and algorithms to enable a large area, wearable and flexible ultrasound patch? Would you like to become one of the first experts to join our team, with all the exciting opportunities and growth potential this brings? Look no further and apply with us today!
Pulsify Medical is a young start-up and a spin-off of imec and university Leuven, two leading institutes in Leuven focused on advanced semi-conductor technologies and cutting-edge medical imaging applications. Pulsify medical is backed by Venture Capitalists, with the aim to develop a totally novel ultra-sound medical device to monitor patients in hospitals and at home.
Pulsify Medical is located in Leuven, a dynamic and vibrant city at the heart Belgium, close to Brussels. Its historical center is flanked by a landmark building in late gothic style. Leuven is home to a very diverse and lively international community, due to its outstanding top ranked university, KU Leuven. It has a strong presence of high-tech companies & start-ups and hosts imec, one of the world’s leading independent research organization in semiconductor technology. People in Leuven are easy going and converse fluently in English, be it on the workplace, in daily encounters or in stores.
Why chose us? We offer:
- An attractive and competitive salary according to local standards
- Excellent growth opportunities and a key role in the venture. You can make a real difference, working in a small and highly motivated, international team
- Work on the bleeding edge of technology
1.1 What you will do
As the lead ultrasound sensor designer, you will have a key role in the venture, and you are expected to become the internal reference on ultrasound sensor architecture, design and manufacturability. You will help us to design and develop the sensor for our novel ultra-sound solution, in combination with other partners working on other parts of the system. You will study the architecture of the sensor and derive the specifications for the sensor. Through modelling and simulations you will derive the interaction of the sensor with the other system components. You will perform trade studies to evaluate the impact of the sensor architecture on the overall system performance. As the ultrasound sensor designer, you will be busy with both mechanical integrated circuits, as well as integrated electronic circuits. You will build system models to predict the performance of the sensor and characterise fabricated sensors to validate models and evaluate sensor performance. You will have a strong interaction with the teams working on other aspects of the system, and with our partners developing the custom chips. Your work will be cross boundary and a decent understanding on integrated circuit fabrication is needed.
1.2 You are responsible for:
- Architecture, design and specifications of the integrated ultrasound sensor
- Develop system models, circuit models and finite element models to understand and model the sensor behavior
- Characterize fabricated sensors
1.3 Who you are
The ideal candidate should have experience in designing micro-mechanical ultrasound transducers and integrated circuits.
- You have obtained a Ms.Sc. or PhD. degree with 5+ years of experience.
- Know-how of designing mechanical ultrasound transducers; defining architecture, specifications and implementing in a design tool.
- You have experience with integrated circuit design
- Knowledge of modelling languages such as matlab and Simulink is required
- You have a good working knowledge of finite element simulation tools such as COMSOL
- Your have a strong familiarity with micro-fabrication processes.
- You are familiar with characterizing ultrasound transducers and integrated circuits
- Your familiarity with circuit simulation in spice/cadence is a bonus.
- You like taking initiative, you are persuasive and assertive, while keeping a constructive attitude and you are committed to achieve results fast but in a reliable way.
- Given the international context, a fluent knowledge of English is necessary.