Vacancy: Mixed signal ASIC architect
Leuven, Belgium – Research & development
General information about Pulsify Medical
Would you like to become part of a start-up that is pushing the envelope in medical device technology? Do you want to apply your know-how on working on a cutting-edge ultra-sound system, which combines advanced chip solutions and algorithms to enable a large area, wearable and flexible ultrasound patch? Would you like to become one of the first experts to join our team, with all the exciting opportunities and growth potential this brings? Look no further and apply with us today!
Pulsify Medical is a young start-up and a spin-off of imec and university Leuven, two leading institutes in Leuven focused on advanced semi-conductor technologies and cutting-edge medical imaging applications. Pulsify medical is backed by Venture Capitalists, with the aim to develop a totally novel ultra-sound medical device to monitor patients in hospitals and at home.
Pulsify Medical is located in Leuven, a dynamic and vibrant city at the heart Belgium, close to Brussels. Its historical center is flanked by a landmark building in late gothic style. Leuven is home to a very diverse and lively international community, due to its outstanding top ranked university, KU Leuven. It has a strong presence of high-tech companies & start-ups and hosts imec, one of the world’s leading independent research organization in semiconductor technology. People in Leuven are easy going and converse fluently in English, be it on the workplace, in daily encounters or in stores.
Why chose us? We offer:
- An attractive and competitive salary according to local standards
- Excellent growth opportunities and a key role in the venture. You can make a real difference, working in a small and highly motivated, international team
- Work on the bleeding edge of technology
1.1 What you will do
You will coordinate the activities for the development of a mixed signal ASIC for Pulsify, in collaboration with our development partners. In your role you will translate the user requirements into system specifications. You will define the system architecture for the ASIC through system level models and come up with innovative solutions, and this in collaboration with the team working on the implementation of the ASIC. You will act as integrator between hardware and software functions. You will interact across boundaries with the teams working on other aspects of the system (such as the ultrasound transducer chip and the software algorithms). Excellent communication and social skills are essential for this role.
1.2 You are responsible for:
- System level design, modelling, simulation and testing
- Spec’ing system components
- Coordinating the development activities of an ASIC
1.3 Who you are
The ideal candidate should have experience in developing ultrasound or similar systems.
- You have obtained a Ms.Sc. or PhD. degree or equivalent experience.
- You know how to develop models in system level languages such as system-C, matlab and/or Python.
- You are experienced with research and development of electronics and embedded systems.
- You have experience with mixed-signal ASIC design, in particular with the analogue signal processing chain. Your experience with ultrasound systems (or other pulsed echo systems), beamforming and link budget calculations is a plus.
- Your experience with model based system engineering, and languages such as SYSML is a bonus
- You like taking initiative, you are persuasive and assertive, while keeping a constructive attitude and you are committed to achieve results fast but in a reliable way.
- You are familiar with signal processing.
- Given the international context, a fluent knowledge of English is necessary.