Vacancy: Embedded software engineer
Leuven, Belgium – Research & development
General information about Pulsify Medical
Would you like to become part of a start-up that is pushing the envelope in medical device technology? Do you want to apply your know-how on working on a cutting-edge ultra-sound system, which combines advanced chip solutions and algorithms to enable a large area, wearable and flexible ultrasound patch? Would you like to become one of the first experts to join our team, with all the exciting opportunities and growth potential this brings? Look no further and apply with us today!
Pulsify Medical is a young start-up and a spin-off of imec and university Leuven, two leading institutes in Leuven focused on advanced semi-conductor technologies and cutting-edge medical imaging applications. Pulsify medical is backed by Venture Capitalists, with the aim to develop a totally novel ultra-sound medical device to monitor patients in hospitals and at home.
Pulsify Medical is located in Leuven, a dynamic and vibrant city at the heart Belgium, close to Brussels. Its historical center is flanked by a landmark building in late gothic style. Leuven is home to a very diverse and lively international community, due to its outstanding top ranked university, KU Leuven. It has a strong presence of high-tech companies & start-ups and hosts imec, one of the world’s leading independent research organization in semiconductor technology. People in Leuven are easy going and converse fluently in English, be it on the workplace, in daily encounters or in stores.
Why chose us? We offer:
- An attractive and competitive salary according to local standards
- Excellent growth opportunities and a key role in the venture. You can make a real difference, working in a small and highly motivated, international team
- Work on the bleeding edge of technology
1.1 What you will do
As the embedded software engineer you will have a key role in the venture, helping us to design and develop the system for our novel ultra-sound solution. In your role you will help us to define and bring to life the digital parts of our product, from the interface to the ASICS at the ultrasound sensors, over the digital signal processing blocks and number crunching engines, to the wireless link. You will setup an embedded software environment and in this environment convert matlab algorithms into efficient software implementations. You will help define the specifications for the system, implement the control & signal processing algorithms as well as drivers for custom and off-the-shelf IC’s. You will have a strong interaction with the teams working on other aspects of the system, i.e. the algorithm development team, system architect, HW development team.
1.2 You are responsible for
- Setup an embedded software development environment.
- Implement the digital signal processing chain and imaging algorithms in embedded software.
- Develop firmware for the embedded system, drivers and application code for custom and off-the-shelf IC’s.
- Working in line with IEC62304, as you work for medical devices.
1.3 Who you are
The ideal candidate should have experience in embedded software, digital signal processing, SOC programming, drivers and application software.
- You have obtained a Ms.Sc. or PhD. degree with 5+ years of experience.
- You are an expert in implementing and optimizing algorithms and digital signal processing chain in an embedded software environment.
- You master the development of firmware for embedded systems, drivers and application code for ASIC’s.
- You are able to setup an embedded software development environment from scratch.
- Experience in optimizing embedded software for low power in a mixed signal wireless product and experience in ultrasound is a bonus.
- Experience with FPGA (verilog/vhdl) is a bonus.
- Familiarity with languages such as matlab/python is a bonus.
- You like taking initiative, you are persuasive and assertive, while keeping a constructive attitude and you are committed to achieve results fast but in a reliable way.
- Given the international context, a fluent knowledge of English is necessary.